Franklin Templeton’s Mark Mobius says, quote: “From our experience, the Thai market has proven incredibly resilient.” Mark calls work an “Investment Adventures in Emerging Markets” on Twitter. “Look at Thailand from the long-term view. Thailand will be OK in the long-term,” twittered Mark.
Mark Mobius & a Bloomberg‘s financial service person, went walking the Hong Kong markets, in trying to answer the question on emerging market prospects. Mark Mobius and Warren Buffet shares some common investment strategy, in being close to the ground, with Mark and his market and Warren and his McDonald. Since then, Mark posted a long report on his Templeton Fund website, saying he is still confident of emerging market prospects, citing mainly, emerging markets long track of growth that is higher than developed markets. Mark investment horizon is mostly 3 years. Since the start of the year, emerging markets have zoomed up, but hit a major speed bump, being the situation with the quantity easing in the USA. Thailand wise, despite the current political crisis, most market observer says it is the Thai firms, rapid gearing up for expansion, that is hurting the market, as capital gain and dividend becomes at risk.
Franklin Resources Inc. is an American holding company that, together with its subsidiaries, is referred to as Franklin Templeton Investments; it is a global investment firm originally founded in New York in 1947 as Franklin Distributors, Inc. It is listed on the NYSE under the ticker BEN, in honor of Benjamin Franklin, who was admired by founder Rupert Johnson, Sr. In 1973 the company’s headquarters moved from New York to San Mateo, California. Today, Franklin Templeton Investments is one of the world’s largest asset management groups with over US$844.7 billion in assets under management (AUM) on behalf of over 25 million private, professional and institutional investors, as at September 30, 2013, up $29.7 billion or 4% during the 4th quarter (FY 2013).
- Looking for investment adventure? Mark Mobius says Thai market incredibly resilient (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Mark Mobius & Bloomberg’s financial person walk Hong Kong market on Emerging Markets prospects (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Russian Federation : MOBIUS announces sale of TNK-BP Stake to ROSNEFT (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Cold water thrown on London’s Islamic finance ambitions (hispanicbusiness.com)
- A Tragedy in the Philippines (businessinsider.com)
- When Small is Big (businessinsider.com)
- No Man is an Island (businessinsider.com)