With Thailand currently trending towards the local design and development of new products, Japan’s NEC Corp, local Thai representative, is first offering to firms in Thailand Product Lifecycle Management Cloud Services.
NEC Launches Product Lifecycle Management Cloud Services In Thailand (Source)
By Tengku Noor Shamsiah Tengku Abdullah
Under the brand name “Obbligato for SaaS,” it offers integrated management of technical information for products such as design drawings, specifications and parts list throughout the product lifecycle for manufacturers.
In a statement, NEC said it was the industry’s first PLM cloud service to be offered from data centers in Thailand as there were a growing number of Japanese manufacturers establishing operations there.
Thailand is currently trending towards the local design and development of new products.
The statement also said there was a rising need for PLM solutions that effectively managed the product technical information which was vital to manufacturers, such as design drawings, specifications and parts lists and related documents.
NEC’s Obbligato for SaaS enables users to begin working with the SaaS-type PLM cloud service quickly and at a low cost, without individual customisation.
Going forward, NEC would proactively promote sales of the Obbligato series to manufacturers throughout the region and all over the world in order to further bolster its PLM solution business, the statement added.
- NEC Corp : NEC establishes “Safer Cities” strategy for global expansion (4-traders.com)
- NEC CORP : NEC and GXS Support Fuji Xerox’s Global B2B Operations (4-traders.com)
- Technology › NEC develops compact, wall-mounted electric vehicle/PHV charger controller (japantoday.com)
- Technology › NEC begins sale of new cloud-based services (japantoday.com)
- NEC Corp : NEC pledges support for recovery from Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines (4-traders.com)