Five Thai spa-cosmetics companies have been given advice by European experts on how to get their projects funded, in a 30 month project known as SCRIPT. This help is part of the SCRIPT project (Self-Control and third party ceRtIfication; knowledge and application of the key procedure to implement voluntary and regulated requirements of the EU single market and building trust on Thai ProducTs and services with cultural identity) funded by the EU Under the “Thailand-EC Cooperation Facility- Phase II (TEC II). The scope of the project covers 4 sectors: agro-food as best practices from Pro-Gis, silk,cosmetic products and spa services. The implementation of self-control and third party certification inspired by EU approach in the scope of this project for Thai SMEs and governmental entities can play an important part in increasing the Thai export sector’s capacity and open doors to the European market. The implementation is led by Bioagricoop, in cooperation with the Thai-Italian Chamber of Commerce (TICC) who is in charge of the food and textile sector and the Franco-Thai Chamber of Commerce (FTCC) who is in charge of the cosmetics products and spa services. The Thai organic sector is one of the fastest growing businesses of the country’s economy. In early 2011, the Ministry of Commerce of Thailand has reaffirmed the country’s commitment to organic agriculture and announced its goal for Thailand to become ASEAN’s Organic Hub within 5 years. The Ministry of Commerce has set the sector’s growth rate at 10% every year and expects the Thai organic sector to achieve 8-9 billion baht of revenue within the next 5 years. The sector receives revenue mainly from the exports of non-processed fresh agricultural products. The use of technology and know-how to add more value to local organic goods is limited. The plan also includes encouraging and supporting the manufacturing sector and groups of farmers to diversify their production towards more food and nonfood such as organic livestock, organic textile, organic resort, hotels and restaurant as well as organic cosmetic and skincare.
- Journalism: 3) Journalist who said eat certain brand of rice & die in five minutes, try escape fall-out (thaiintelligentnews.wordpress.com)
- A day of heavy “Fake News” by Thai press for the usual attack on Yingluck (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Buakaw Announces Contract with Thai Fight “Terminated,” Will Fight for MAX (fightsportasia.com)
- Journalist, who said eat certain brand of rice & die in 5 minutes, being sued (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)
- Thai politics hit by rumor tremors: Press feeds “Fake News” & engulf Thai society with uncertainty (thaishortnews.wordpress.com)